1) Nano-bots in Blood: Although Nano-bots are a long way from being used today, however, there is the possibility that we will see it in the future where these small robots can work like our own particular white blood cells and annihilate microscopic organisms and different pathogens. These mini robots would work like their full-estimate equivalents with their own particular sensors and propulsion frameworks, and could perform little errands like conveying chemotherapy 1000 times more efficiently than utilizing drugs and it will not cause as many side effects as patient face in the present medications.
2) Mind Transfer and Head Transplants: Ever since the beginning of mankind, we have all needed to live everlastingly, and one day that may progress towards becoming reality with organizations like Google and Brainpreservation.org searching for approaches to expand life by curing infection, safeguarding our brains in stasis, or actually saving on PCs or another cerebrum.
While it might appear to be strange idea for a tech organization like Google to sign up and battle the healthcare fight, it makes perfect sense that that CEO Larry Page might need to strengthen his life and other's around him so that they can understand life's other intense difficulties in the upcoming future.
3) Robotic Surgery / Pilot training program / Flight Simulator: Roswell Park Cancer Institute is rapidly reaching on the position of surgical training pioneers. This progress was benefited by the innovative joint effort between the University at Buffalo's School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and RPCI's Center for Robotic Surgery. Surgical methods have consistently required years of preparation, and up to this point, the vast majority of that preparations are done in a live environment. It may be more efficient to do robotic surgery in comparison of present practices.
4) Holographic Images: Hospitals are a place to go whenever any treatment is needed. However, it is strange that in the United States, more than 2 million individuals are affected by hospital-acquired contaminations consistently, and 100,000 individuals die due to these kinds of infections. Furthermore, it costs almost $ 20 billion to treat these contaminations. One thing that can help is significantly the capacity to input information without really touching physical gadgets, for example, keyboards, mouse, and so on. Holographic images will possess the ability to bring a complete revolution in this area.
5) Improved Blood-Test Experience: No one loves needles, particularly when you need to get pricked by an unpracticed phlebotomist. Awesome news! Organizations like Theranos have designed a perfect way for such people because if you want to run tests then you will just need micro-samples of blood which means that approximately 1 / 1,000th of normal blood will be drawn from your vein.
6) Mitochondrial DNA Transfer: It is also known as "three parent baby", this procedure disposes of an assortment of conceivably fatal diseases such as heart and liver failure, and deafness. Albeit numerous moral and ethical questions encompass the current UK approval of this procedure, the potential implications for future eras is limitless.
7) Robotic Nurse Assistant: Unqualified or inefficient nurseries can become problematic for patients. According to the survey, large portion of patients are harmed each year from moving or lifting in bed or due to the mishandling fall after surgery. There are numerous varieties from a full robot, for example, RIBA (Robot for Interactive Body Assistance) which has been developed by RIKEN and Tokai Rubber Industries and assisted hardware, for example, HAL (Hybrid Assistive Limb) robot suits delivered by Cyberdyne.
8) Artificial Retinas: The United States commonly characterizes someone as legitimately visibly impaired when the individual's focal vision has degraded to 20/200, or the individual has lost a general vision so he sees less than 20 degrees outside of focal vision. Typical vision is 20/20, and individuals can see up to 90 degrees with their peripheral vision. An expected, 1.1 million individuals in the United States are considered lawfully visibly impaired.
This has prompted organizations like Nano-Retina to build up a complex and excellent solution intended to reestablish sight of individuals who lost their vision because of retinal degenerative sicknesses. The small scale Nano Retina device, NR600 Implant, replicates the functionality of completely or partially damaged photoreceptor cells of eye and makes the electrical incitation required to initiate the remaining healthy and fully functioning retinal cells.
9) Anti-Aging Drugs: The fantasy, day dream or a nightmare about long life or immortality, however you take it, may become slight possible in future since Anti-Aging drugs will give you possibilities of living till 110s and 120s. In the year 2016, there was anti-aging drug test that reached to its trials and there were possibilities that these trials could see sicknesses like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's consigned to ancient history. Researchers now trust that it is quite possible to stop old age and help them live healthy into their 120s.
10) Tooth Regeneration: This could be really very surpriving and helpful advancement in healthcare if technology can actually bring answers to the tooth regeneration mystery. Brilliantly colorful fish found in Africa may hold the key to developing lost teeth. In a community directed study between the Georgia Institute of Technology and King's College London, specialists research on cichlid fishes of Lake Malawi in Africa, who loses teeth just to have another one slide into place. Their study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, recognizes and highlights the qualities responsible of developing new teeth and may prompt the key to "tooth recovery" in people.
11) Light bulbs that Disinfect and Kill Bacteria: Hospitals are known to be potentially harmful and dangerous place with so many individuals with various illnesses and bacteria. Indigo-Clean has now developed an innovation utilizing light that ceaselessly sterilizes nature, disinfecting the environment and reinforces your present disease prevention efforts.
12) Medical Wearables And Devices With Long Lasting Batteries : The requirement for power is a primary concern. Pacemaker batteries are regularly replaced after a cost surgery. With the help of technology, it will be possible for batteries to get speedier charging and they will last long which will cut the cost of battery supplies as well.
13) Stem-cell Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery: Stem-cells have received the spotlight recently. However, there were some senseless and fraudulent claims of stem cell reconstruction in the past few years. After a long haul, there are finally some genuine and officially approved applications of stem cell reconstruction and plastic surgery that begin to surface in various fields.
14) Augmenting Human Abilities: Perhaps, the most impressive show of healthcare innovation advancement is the video presented by Les Baugh who was controlling prosthetic arms with his mind. Through broad research, in the matter on how Les' mind controlled his limbs, analysts could decide how mind deal with these connections. With the help of that research, they could build up an innovation that would read his cerebrum movement and send the signs to limbs that ultimately controlled the engine elements of his prosthetic limbs.
15) Health Informatics: More than half of US clinics utilize some sort of electronic records framework, although just 6% of them actually follow all the government orders, as indicated by a current survey of the University of Michigan. As indicated by scientists at the University of Chicago, half of medical services dollars are wasted on unnecessary record keeping forms. Electronic records have been appeared to save a substantial amount of $ 37 and $ 59 million if large hospital follows right health informatics. It streamlines the therapeutic care process and brings down malpractice claims, and expands coordination between suppliers.
Source by Varun Kumar
Keeping your Apple iMac computer protected while traveling is important and with a specialist Apple Flight Case you can do just that!
Look at it this way!
You've just spent all your hard-earned cash on your new shiny Apple iMac and you then need to travel with it. The thought of hauling it around with you is more like going to the gym. Although not saying going to the gym is a bad thing, unlike a dumbbell your Mac would more than likely feel the beating of a few bumps and scrapes.
A Great Look, A Great Design!
Together with a sleek design, hard shell exterior and aluminum kick ass trim edging. This case definitely looks the part and no doubts plays the part.
Protection does not get any better with this amazing case, as the full internals come padded with high density foam. Not to mention a display screen protector to prevent screen damage from occurring.
Room For Accessories!
Not only are the internals fully padded, this flight case provides storage for the iMac's keyboard, mouse, and cables. As well as giving you plenty of room for other accessories and items you are wanting to take on your travels.
Easy to use and accessible!
These are by far one of the easiest ways to store and transport your Apple iMac around with you. Smooth moving wheels, able to manage a weight of up 150kg per wheel, plus a great pull-out easy to hold handle making this iMac flight case one cool mover.
Cost vs Loss!
It is not just the mac itself you need to protect it is the irreplaceable information you hold on your mac. Whether this is your photo's, personal files, music and video's. The small cost of purchasing a case is actually price less if you know it will protect the most important things in life.
For Your Peace of Mind!
Eliminate this problem with a durable Apple iMac case, for an affordable and robust solution for your mac's protection. This is a heavy-duty flight case that is built entirely for the purpose to protect and transport your precious Mac. Whether it is a 21.5 or 27 you have, these robust flight cases will bring you the peace of mind so traveling should never be a burden nor a costly exit.
Make Traveling Safe & Secure!
A fantastic iMac 27 Flight Case that looks great and offers real protection for your money. You're always ready to travel anywhere with your Apple Macs.
Source by Christopher B Henderson
"Design is not just how something looks, design is how it works". These are the immortal words used by the late Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple Inc. These words are so true and yet so many individuals do not fully appreciate the value of design in their projects. There are no exceptions to this ideology, there is just lack of intention to implement good design in any project. Analytics projects are not very glamorous but they are extremely critical. Thus, it is critical that the overall process from raw data inputs always to final outputs are carefully designed. These are the main focus areas to focus on designing while conceptualizing an analytics project:
1. Scope – At its core, the goal of data analytics projects is to mainly provide answers to questions based on raw data to analyze the current trends in the market and anticipate future trends. If left to the imagination, any query can shoot of any number tangential questions. So it is important to define the baseline for any analytics project to keep the original goal in focus always. This would help design the initial data requirements and final outputs.
2. Workflow – Once the scope is clearly defined, the next step is to define the standard workflow ie the raw data files (specified with details of all required data points), intermediate files Ie the tables that created from the raw files, the final output tables ie the data sets that would have been extremely used to provide the final reports for the end clients. At this stage, the team must layout the specific details for all the tables that are expected to be created in the project. As the details of the intermediate and final tables are ironed out, the teams are also able to create standard scripts. SQL or Audit Command Language scripts could have been used to design such a workflow. These tools allows for data of a project to be insulated from other projects. A standard workflow also allows for an iterative feedback loop to be able to verify the tables created at each clearly defined stage of the process.
3. Infrastructure – At this point, it is matter executing the workflow. The team must then decide on the tools that are to be used to provide the desired results / reports. These decisions would involve factoring in the cost of resources infrastructural and personnel. Any decision should keep in mind future scalability so as to be able to accommodate further development of the solution.
Following these or similar guidelines to design an analytics solution is critical in achieving success by leveraging every resource to its complete and derive maximum value from the money invested. Design an efficient workflow is not an easy task but it is worth investing time and effort to reap the rewards.
Source by Mohit Prabhakar
Can you install ROPE LIGHTING on your DECK and/or DOCK? YES – For years we’ve had rope lights on our dock that began with decorating the dock area during the holidays. They’re easy to install, fairly inexpensive and puts out just the right amount of low-key, indirect, ambient lighting.
For those who want to have rope lighting as a more permanent form of accent lighting, there are rope lights constructed for this purpose. WATERPROOF FLEXIBLE LED STRIP LIGHTS are specifically made for the outdoors.
Waterproof Flexible Strip LED lights offer the perfect solution to creating energy-efficient, stylish accent and mood lighting. Strip lights are discreet, flexible, and can be cut to fit your area, and since they come with a strong adhesive, they can be mounted virtually anywhere. Available in multiple colors you can create special effects on practically any surface, marine, auto and/or home.
Steps to Install Rope Lights: The simplest and most common method to install rope lighting is to nail it on the surface using cable clips. You need cable clips, a hammer, a power source and the rope lighting. The time needed for installation depends on the length of the rope.
1. Decide where to install the rope lights – Choose where you want to install the rope lighting. In most cases, the rope lighting is installed on the ceiling, the roof trusses or on the floor decking in order to produce the desired results. Consider the position of the source of power to ensure that your rope reaches the socket.
2. Mount the rope lighting – Use the hammer to clip the lighting on the surface. Slide the rope in the open arcs of the cable clips during the installation as you twist it in your desired pattern. Ensure that the hammer does not miss the target while hitting the clips because it can destroy the rope lighting.
3. Test their output- Switch off the socket, and plug the rope lighting in. Use the extension cord if the length of the rope lighting does not reach the power outlet. Switch the socket on to see if it lights.
Quick answers to the most common questions
• Do I need a controller for my strip lights? A controller is optional but adds the ability to turn your lights on and off and control other features such as dimming.
• Can I connect multiple strips? Strips can be connected end to end up to various meters, depending on your product.
Steps to Install Flexible LED Strip Lighting with Solderless Connectors:
1. Materials Needed – Have all your materials ready. You will need scissors, LED flexible strip lights, a connector, ruler (if needed), and a set of hands.
2. Measuring how many feet of LED strip you need – You may have your LED strip light sent to you in a roll (16 feet) or by the foot, depending on the quantity ordered. Decide how much flexible LED strip lighting you will need for your project. Since the LED strip can only be cut every third LED, you may have to go slightly over or under your desired specification.
3. How to cut the LED strip – As you can see below, the flexible strip light can only be cut along the designated lines. Take a sharp pair of scissors and cut along the line.
4. Pay attention to positive and negative markings – IMPORTANT: Notice the positive and negative sides of the LED strip light. This is important for the next few steps. Sometimes when you cut the LED strip light, things can get mixed around.
5. Introduction to the connector – Each connector has two sides. To insure you have the correct side up, make sure the wider of the white sides faces up. This is the top. BE GENTLE and pull the locking device out away from the wires. Do not pull on the wires to do so, as the connector is fragile.
6. Attaching the connector to the LED strip – IMPORTANT: Color does not always matter! Make sure you follow the positive side of the flex strip down through the connector wire to the power supply. Red/black can either mean (+) or (-) depending on what side you have hooked the connector to.
7. Securing the tray to the LED light – In the example below, if we were to attach the connector to the other side of the flexible strip light, the red would be negative and the black positive. Next, GENTLY secure the locking tray back in place, connecting the terminals of the LED flexible strip light to the connector. Be gentle and make sure the mounting tray is securely closed, or the lights will not work.
8. Connecting the LED strip to power – You are now ready to plug your LED Flexible strip light to the LED power supply. Match the positive and negative markings with the positive and negative wires from the power supply. Make sure the power is off when you do this.
If your strip lights do not light up:
1. Wire color does not always matter! Make sure you follow the positive side of the flex strip down through the connector wire to the power supply. Red/black can either mean (+) or (-) depending on what side of the LED flex strip you have hooked the connector to.
2. Another common problem is that the connector may be installed upside down; repeat steps above and try again.
3. Also, MAKE SURE the tray is closed all the way. Be gentle!
4. Check your power supply and make sure it is hooked up properly, with correct (+) and (-) as well.
5. How many feet of LED strip are you using vs how large your power unit is? If you are using 1 reel of 24 v Ultra bright with e 2.5 amp power unit, it will not work because the power unit is too small.
Source by Linda Langston
The fiery crash on a warm Florida evening on July 4, 2012 left an unconscious man trapped in his burning car. Seemingly out of nowhere, a figure plunged out of the darkness through a sheet of flames to rip open the door and carry the driver to safety just moments before the car exploded. Like a scene from a movie, the Independence Day hero retreated to the shadows of obscurity, but it wouldn’t be the last time he would help someone in danger.
A modest man, Sabin Barto, doesn’t talk much about his 10+ years in the U.S. Navy. He spends his post-military career selling real estate in Florida, writing children’s books, developing a website devoted to saving the Everglades’ habitat, and getting kids engaged in environmentalism. He seems like a pretty nice, normal guy, but his neighbors and friends claim he is a real-life Captain America with superhero strength and courage. Captain America, because his heroics always seem to kick in on the 4th of July, or within a few hours thereof.
On July 3, 2016, in Naples, Florida, Barto witnessed a car crash while driving home with his daughter from a fireworks celebration with some friends. As Sabin exited his vehicle to assist the driver and passengers, a lone female police officer who had been chasing them arrived on scene. Weapon drawn, she shouted at the passenger who tried to flee to get on the ground. Surmising that this was a criminal suspect, Barto saw the driver exit and run, to which he sprang into action, grabbed the driver and held him on the ground so that the officer could properly handcuff him after apprehending the passenger. Barto stayed with the officer until her backup arrived.
Like a superhero, Sabin Barto seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. That exploding car incident in 2012 took place right in front of his house.
This all brings to mind the nature of extraordinary heroism, which often expresses itself in emergencies and difficult circumstances. While most of us flinch and flee from danger, a few, like the men and women who make up local police departments across the country, dash headlong into the jaws of possible death to save a stranger. At a time when we are compelled to remind people that Blue Lives Matter, it’s bracing to know that American Exceptionalism also finds a home in the muscle, hearts and minds of Americans like Sabin Barto.
Source by Melissa Praemonitus
A transatlantic cruise is the most amazing and fun way to travel from the Americas to Europe and from Europe to America. The memory of the Atlantic crossing aboard the cruises will be forever edged in your mind. The peak seasons for the transatlantic cruise deals are in autumn and summer. These are the times that the ship lines reposition their cruises.
The transatlantic voyage is served by many lines such as Celebrity Transatlantic Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Transatlantic Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, Princess Transatlantic Cruise and Royal Caribbean. You will get favorable transatlantic cruise deals aboard ships under these cruise lines.
For centuries, people have taken voyages across the Atlantic Ocean. Now, the routes are served by modern ships fitted with state of the art facilities. To attract customers amid the stiff competition, the ship lines are offering deals which target various segments of the market. For example, there are transatlantic cruise deals that target families.
Aboard the cruise voyage, people get the chance to experience different new activities. For instance, you will be able to gaze at the stars at night. The constellations are a sight to behold. Additionally, you will have the chance to explore different historic European cities along the way in addition to seeing beautiful landscapes such as the Reykjavik landscapes in Iceland.
Among the lines that offer exciting deals is the Royal Caribbean line. The line offers cruise deals with a departure from Tampa or Boston to places such as cork Ireland, Cherbourg France, and Brussels, Belgium. The ships dock in many ports along the way giving the tourists a lifetime of opportunity to sample the different delicacies and fun the cities offer. From Europe to America, the Royal Caribbean line commences in Europe with stops in Barcelona, Oslo, Hamburg, Rotterdam and other many cities.
Also, the Norwegian cruise line offers affordable transatlantic cruise deals. It covers Miami, Southampton, Copenhagen, and Barcelona. The cruise deals offered by the line tend to target the general market segment. Here, there are deals designed for couples on a romantic gateway, families looking to take time out to bond and interact, or people taking some time out of their busy and stressful lifestyles. This implies that there are cruise deals that will suit everyone willing to take a journey of a lifetime across the Atlantic Ocean.
Since deals change frequently, it is best advised to head over to the above lines' websites and carry out a comparison among the many cruise deals on offer.
Source by Brian M. Kerosi
Huawei has unveiled the new flag mobile phone Huawei Mate 9 recently. In this article, I will tell you something about this new product. Let me show the specifications of it first.
Huawei mate 9 specifications:
Screen: 5.9-inch 1080p display
CPU: HUAWEI Kirin 960, Octa-core CPU (4 x 2.4 GHz A73 + 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) + i6 co-processor
RAM & ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
Main camera: 2nd generation Leica camera with 20MP Monochrome + 12MP RGB, F2.2
Battery: 4000mAh (Typical Value) Li-Polymer Battery, SuperCharge 5A Support
Feature: support Google Daydream VR platform
As usual the Mate Style
Generally speaking, the new Huawei mate 9, as usual, goes on the business-style of Mate series mobile phones. From the packaging design, we can see that there is a very bright red cola symbol on the bottom of the box, showing that it is the second cooperating product from Huawei and the Leica camera manufacturer.
In terms of the appearance design, on the front cover, there is the 5.9-inch FHD display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution. Combined with the 2.5D curved glass, it provides the excellent visual enjoyment when you play games or watch videos. However, there is a small flaw that the screen still retains the black-edged design. On the central place of the bottom, there is a USB Type-C interface, which supports 3.5V-5V / 5A fast-charging function. Except for that, both sides of the bottom, there are the speaker holes.
The main design of the back cover is concentrated in the upper part. The fingerprint recognition module is still set on the back cover (while Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design version is set on the front cover). Above it, there are the dual cameras. On both left and right sides, there are the flash and laser focus sensors. By the way, the familiar Leica logo is marked in the middle of two cameras.
Powerful Processor Configuration
Mate 9 is configured with a HUAWEI independent researching and developing Kirin 960, Octa-core processor, which is better than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 in the aspect of performance. Beside, it comes with Mali-G71 MP8 GPU for graphics. And it packs in 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage (Supports an external Micro SD card up to 256GB).
Once again cooperating with Leica
Huawei had cooperated with Leica at the first time in the design of Huawei P9 phone. Relying on the common design with Leica, Huawei has taken a qualitative leap in mobile phone's photographing function. Then, the Mate 9 is the second product they cooperate with.
The Huawei Mate 9 sports a second-generation Leica Dual Camera with a 12MP RGB sensor and 20MP monochrome sensor. The RGB sensor captures vivid colors, while the monochrome sensor picks out the finer details.
To sum up, Huawei mate 9 adds the 2nd generation Leica dual cameras to make it have more fun in photography. Beside, the powerful Kirin 960 processor ensures the smooth operation. If you like this Android mobile phone, you can have a try!
Source by Lucy Yang
In the past few decades there has been a revolution in computing and communications, and all indications are that technological progress and use of information technology will continue at a rapid pace. Accompanying and supporting the dramatic increases in the power and use of new information technologies has been the declining cost of communications as a result of both technological improvements and increased competition. According to Moore’s law the processing power of microchips is doubling every 18 months. These advances present many significant opportunities but also pose major challenges. Today, innovations in information technology are having wide-ranging effects across numerous domains of society, and policy makers are acting on issues involving economic productivity, intellectual property rights, privacy protection, and affordability of and access to information. Choices made now will have long lasting consequences, and attention must be paid to their social and economic impacts.
One of the most significant outcomes of the progress of information technology is probably electronic commerce over the Internet, a new way of conducting business. Though only a few years old, it may radically alter economic activities and the social environment. Already, it affects such large sectors as communications, finance and retail trade and might expand to areas such as education and health services. It implies the seamless application of information and communication technology along the entire value chain of a business that is conducted electronically.
The impacts of information technology and electronic commerce on business models, commerce, market structure, workplace, labour market, education, private life and society as a whole.
1. Business Models, Commerce and Market Structure
One important way in which information technology is affecting work is by reducing the importance of distance. In many industries, the geographic distribution of work is changing significantly. For instance, some software firms have found that they can overcome the tight local market for software engineers by sending projects to India or other nations where the wages are much lower. Furthermore, such arrangements can take advantage of the time differences so that critical projects can be worked on nearly around the clock. Firms can outsource their manufacturing to other nations and rely on telecommunications to keep marketing, R&D, and distribution teams in close contact with the manufacturing groups. Thus the technology can enable a finer division of labour among countries, which in turn affects the relative demand for various skills in each nation. The technology enables various types of work and employment to be decoupled from one another. Firms have greater freedom to locate their economic activities, creating greater competition among regions in infrastructure, labour, capital, and other resource markets. It also opens the door for regulatory arbitrage: firms can increasingly choose which tax authority and other regulations apply.
Computers and communication technologies also promote more market-like forms of production and distribution. An infrastructure of computing and communication technology, providing 24-hour access at low cost to almost any kind of price and product information desired by buyers, will reduce the informational barriers to efficient market operation. This infrastructure might also provide the means for effecting real-time transactions and make intermediaries such as sales clerks, stock brokers and travel agents, whose function is to provide an essential information link between buyers and sellers, redundant. Removal of intermediaries would reduce the costs in the production and distribution value chain. The information technologies have facilitated the evolution of enhanced mail order retailing, in which goods can be ordered quickly by using telephones or computer networks and then dispatched by suppliers through integrated transport companies that rely extensively on computers and communication technologies to control their operations. Nonphysical goods, such as software, can be shipped electronically, eliminating the entire transport channel. Payments can be done in new ways. The result is disintermediation throughout the distribution channel, with cost reduction, lower end-consumer prices, and higher profit margins.
The impact of information technology on the firms’ cost structure can be best illustrated on the electronic commerce example. The key areas of cost reduction when carrying out a sale via electronic commerce rather than in a traditional store involve physical establishment, order placement and execution, customer support, strong, inventory carrying, and distribution. Although setting up and maintaining an e-commerce web site might be expensive, it is certainly less expensive to maintain such a storefront than a physical one because it is always open, can be accessed by millions around the globe, and has few variable costs, so that it can scale up to meet the demand. By maintaining one ‘store’ instead of several, duplicate inventory costs are eliminated. In addition, e-commerce is very effective at reducing the costs of attracting new customers, because advertising is typically cheaper than for other media and more targeted. Moreover, the electronic interface allows e-commerce merchants to check that an order is internally consistent and that the order, receipt, and invoice match. Through e-commerce, firms are able to move much of their customer support on line so that customers can access databases or manuals directly. This significantly cuts costs while generally improving the quality of service. E-commerce shops require far fewer, but high-skilled, employees. E-commerce also permits savings in inventory carrying costs. The faster the input can be ordered and delivered, the less the need for a large inventory. The impact on costs associated with decreased inventories is most pronounced in industries where the product has a limited shelf life (e.g. bananas), is subject to fast technological obsolescence or price declines (e.g. computers), or where there is a rapid flow of new products (e.g. books, music). Although shipping costs can increase the cost of many products purchased via electronic commerce and add substantially to the final price, distribution costs are significantly reduced for digital products such as financial services, software, and travel, which are important e-commerce segments.
Although electronic commerce causes the disintermediation of some intermediaries, it creates greater dependency on others and also some entirely new intermediary functions. Among the intermediary services that could add costs to e-commerce transactions are advertising, secure online payment, and delivery. The relative ease of becoming an e-commerce merchant and setting up stores results in such a huge number of offerings that consumers can easily be overwhelmed. This increases the importance of using advertising to establish a brand name and thus generate consumer familiarity and trust. For new e-commerce start-ups, this process can be expensive and represents a significant transaction cost. The openness, global reach, and lack of physical clues that are inherent characteristics of e-commerce also make it vulnerable to fraud and thus increase certain costs for e-commerce merchants as compared to traditional stores. New techniques are being developed to protect the use of credit cards in e-commerce transactions, but the need for greater security and user verification leads to increased costs. A key feature of e-commerce is the convenience of having purchases delivered directly. In the case of tangibles, such as books, this incurs delivery costs, which cause prices to rise in most cases, thereby negating many of the savings associated with e-commerce and substantially adding to transaction costs.
With the Internet, e-commerce is rapidly expanding into a fast-moving, open global market with an ever-increasing number of participants. The open and global nature of e-commerce is likely to increase market size and change market structure, both in terms of the number and size of players and the way in which players compete on international markets. Digitized products can cross the border in real time, consumers can shop 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and firms are increasingly faced with international online competition. The Internet is helping to enlarge existing markets by cutting through many of the distribution and marketing barriers that can prevent firms from gaining access to foreign markets. E-commerce lowers information and transaction costs for operating on overseas markets and provides a cheap and efficient way to strengthen customer-supplier relations. It also encourages companies to develop innovative ways of advertising, delivering and supporting their product and services. While e-commerce on the Internet offers the potential for global markets, certain factors, such as language, transport costs, local reputation, as well as differences in the cost and ease of access to networks, attenuate this potential to a greater or lesser extent.
2. Workplace and Labour Market
Computers and communication technologies allow individuals to communicate with one another in ways complementary to traditional face-to-face, telephonic, and written modes. They enable collaborative work involving distributed communities of actors who seldom, if ever, meet physically. These technologies utilize communication infrastructures that are both global and always up, thus enabling 24-hour activity and asynchronous as well as synchronous interactions among individuals, groups, and organizations. Social interaction in organizations will be affected by use of computers and communication technologies. Peer-to-peer relations across department lines will be enhanced through sharing of information and coordination of activities. Interaction between superiors and subordinates will become more tense because of social control issues raised by the use of computerized monitoring systems, but on the other hand, the use of e-mail will lower the barriers to communications across different status levels, resulting in more uninhibited communications between supervisor and subordinates.
That the importance of distance will be reduced by computers and communication technology also favours telecommuting, and thus, has implications for the residence patterns of the citizens. As workers find that they can do most of their work at home rather than in a centralized workplace, the demand for homes in climatically and physically attractive regions would increase. The consequences of such a shift in employment from the suburbs to more remote areas would be profound. Property values would rise in the favoured destinations and fall in the suburbs. Rural, historical, or charming aspects of life and the environment in the newly attractive areas would be threatened. Since most telecommuters would be among the better educated and higher paid, the demand in these areas for high-income and high-status services like gourmet restaurants and clothing boutiques would increase. Also would there be an expansion of services of all types, creating and expanding job opportunities for the local population.
By reducing the fixed cost of employment, widespread telecommuting should make it easier for individuals to work on flexible schedules, to work part time, to share jobs, or to hold two or more jobs simultaneously. Since changing employers would not necessarily require changing one’s place of residence, telecommuting should increase job mobility and speed career advancement. This increased flexibility might also reduce job stress and increase job satisfaction. Since job stress is a major factor governing health there may be additional benefits in the form of reduced health costs and mortality rates. On the other hand one might also argue that technologies, by expanding the number of different tasks that are expected of workers and the array of skills needed to perform these tasks, might speed up work and increase the level of stress and time pressure on workers.
A question that is more difficult to be answered is about the impacts that computers and communications might have on employment. The ability of computers and communications to perform routine tasks such as bookkeeping more rapidly than humans leads to concern that people will be replaced by computers and communications. The response to this argument is that even if computers and communications lead to the elimination of some workers, other jobs will be created, particularly for computer professionals, and that growth in output will increase overall employment. It is more likely that computers and communications will lead to changes in the types of workers needed for different occupations rather than to changes in total employment.
A number of industries are affected by electronic commerce. The distribution sector is directly affected, as e-commerce is a way of supplying and delivering goods and services. Other industries, indirectly affected, are those related to information and communication technology (the infrastructure that enables e-commerce), content-related industries (entertainment, software), transactions-related industries (financial sector, advertising, travel, transport). eCommerce might also create new markets or extend market reach beyond traditional borders. Enlarging the market will have a positive effect on jobs. Another important issue relates to inter linkages among activities affected by e-commerce. Expenditure for e-commerce-related intermediate goods and services will create jobs indirectly, on the basis of the volume of electronic transactions and their effect on prices, costs and productivity. The convergence of media, telecommunication and computing technologies is creating a new integrated supply chain for the production and delivery of multimedia and information content. Most of the employment related to e-commerce around the content industries and communication infrastructure such as the Internet.
Jobs are both created and destroyed by technology, trade, and organizational change. These processes also underlie changes in the skill composition of employment. Beyond the net employment gains or losses brought about by these factors, it is apparent that workers with different skill levels will be affected differently. E-commerce is certainly driving the demand for IT professionals but it also requires IT expertise to be coupled with strong business application skills, thereby generating demand for a flexible, multi-skilled work force. There is a growing need for increased integration of Internet front-end applications with enterprise operations, applications and back-end databases. Many of the IT skill requirements needed for Internet support can be met by low-paid IT workers who can deal with the organizational services needed for basic web page programming. However, wide area networks, competitive web sites, and complex network applications require much more skill than a platform-specific IT job. Since the skills required for e-commerce are rare and in high demand, e-commerce might accelerate the up skilling trend in many countries by requiring high-skilled computer scientists to replace low-skilled information clerks, cashiers and market salespersons.
Advances in information technology will affect the craft of teaching by complementing rather than eliminating traditional classroom instruction. Indeed the effective instructor acts in a mixture of roles. In one role the instructor is a supplier of services to the students, who might be regarded as its customers. But the effective instructor occupies another role as well, as a supervisor of students, and plays a role in motivating, encouraging, evaluating, and developing students. For any topic there will always be a small percentage of students with the necessary background, motivation, and self-discipline to learn from self-paced workbooks or computer assisted instruction. For the majority of students, however, the presence of a live instructor will continue to be far more effective than a computer assisted counterpart in facilitating positive educational outcomes. The greatest potential for new information technology lies in improving the productivity of time spent outside the classroom. Making solutions to problem sets and assigned reading materials available on the Internet offers a lot of convenience. E-mail vastly simplifies communication between students and faculty and among students who may be engaged in group projects. Advances in information technology will affect the craft of teaching by complementing rather than eliminating traditional classroom instruction. Indeed the effective instructor acts in a mixture of roles. In one role the instructor is a supplier of services to the students, who might be regarded as its customers. But the effective instructor occupies another role as well, as a supervisor of students, and plays a role in motivating, encouraging, evaluating, and developing students. For any topic there will always be a small percentage of students with the necessary background, motivation, and self-discipline to learn from self-paced workbooks or computer assisted instruction. For the majority of students, however, the presence of a live instructor will continue to be far more effective than a computer assisted counterpart in facilitating positive educational outcomes. The greatest potential for new information technology lies in improving the productivity of time spent outside the classroom. Making solutions to problem sets and assigned reading materials available on the Internet offers a lot of convenience. E-mail vastly simplifies communication between students and faculty and among students who may be engaged in group projects.
Although distance learning has existed for some time, the Internet makes possible a large expansion in coverage and better delivery of instruction. Text can be combined with audio/ video, and students can interact in real time via e-mail and discussion groups. Such technical improvements coincide with a general demand for retraining by those who, due to work and family demands, cannot attend traditional courses. Distance learning via the Internet is likely to complement existing schools for children and university students, but it could have more of a substitution effect for continuing education programmes. For some degree programmes, high-prestige institutions could use their reputation to attract students who would otherwise attend a local facility. Owing to the Internet’s ease of access and convenience for distance learning, overall demand for such programmes will probably expand, leading to growth in this segment of e-commerce.
As shown in the previous section, high level skills are vital in a technology-based and knowledge intensive economy. Changes associated with rapid technological advances in industry have made continual upgrading of professional skills an economic necessity. The goal of lifelong learning can only be accomplished by reinforcing and adapting existing systems of learning, both in public and private sectors. The demand for education and training concerns the full range of modern technology. Information technologies are uniquely capable of providing ways to meet this demand. Online training via the Internet ranges from accessing self-study courses to complete electronic classrooms. These computer-based training programmes provide flexibility in skills acquisition and are more affordable and relevant than more traditional seminars and courses.
4. Private Life and Society
Increasing representation of a wide variety of content in digital form results in easier and cheaper duplication and distribution of information. This has a mixed effect on the provision of content. On the one hand, content can be distributed at a lower unit cost. On the other hand, distribution of content outside of channels that respect intellectual property rights can reduce the incentives of creators and distributors to produce and make content available in the first place. Information technology raises a host of questions about intellectual property protection and new tools and regulations have to be developed in order to solve this problem.
Many issues also surround free speech and regulation of content on the Internet, and there continue to be calls for mechanisms to control objectionable content. However it is very difficult to find a sensible solution. Dealing with indecent material involves understanding not only the views on such topics but also their evolution over time. Furthermore, the same technology that allows for content altering with respect to decency can be used to filter political speech and to restrict access to political material. Thus, if censorship does not appear to be an option, a possible solution might be labelling. The idea is that consumers will be better informed in their decisions to avoid objectionable content.
The rapid increase in computing and communications power has raised considerable concern about privacy both in the public and private sector. Decreases in the cost of data storage and information processing make it likely that it will become practicable for both government and private data-mining enterprises to collect detailed dossiers on all citizens. Nobody knows who currently collects data about individuals, how this data is used and shared or how this data might be misused. These concerns lower the consumers’ trust in online institutions and communication and, thus, inhibit the development of electronic commerce. A technological approach to protecting privacy might by cryptography although it might be claimed that cryptography presents a serious barrier to criminal investigations.
It is popular wisdom that people today suffer information overload. A lot of the information available on the Internet is incomplete and even incorrect. People spend more and more of their time absorbing irrelevant information just because it is available and they think they should know about it. Therefore, it must be studied how people assign credibility to the information they collect in order to invent and develop new credibility systems to help consumers to manage the information overload.
Technological progress inevitably creates dependence on technology. Indeed the creation of vital infrastructure ensures dependence on that infrastructure. As surely as the world is now dependent on its transport, telephone, and other infrastructures, it will be dependent on the emerging information infrastructure. Dependence on technology can bring risks. Failures in the technological infrastructure can cause the collapse of economic and social functionality. Blackouts of long-distance telephone service, credit data systems, and electronic funds transfer systems, and other such vital communications and information processing services would undoubtedly cause widespread economic disruption. However, it is probably impossible to avoid technological dependence. Therefore, what must be considered is the exposure brought from dependence on technologies with a recognizable probability of failure, no workable substitute at hand, and high costs as a result of failure.
The ongoing computing and communications revolution has numerous economic and social impacts on modern society and requires serious social science investigation in order to manage its risks and dangers. Such work would be valuable for both social policy and technology design. Decisions have to be taken carefully. Many choices being made now will be costly or difficult to modify in the future.
Source by Ankit Faldu
Nintendo games are meant to be played for hours on end and for many years after. Even with a fast paced technological age, good games are not that hard to put down especially those which have a huge fan base and lots of promotions, movies, toys and global exposure. I'm sure the Super Mario Brothers will be loved for generations to come.
Gaming console drives typically employ optical drives that accept DVD or similar formats. This can be damaged over time due to long term use and physical abuse such as scratches and too much exposure to heat. The good thing about this is that they can readily be replaced by copying into another disk which can be bought almost anywhere. They are cheap and readily available aplenty. However the downside to this is that most game developers and console / system provider for these games utilize some type of security feature to prevent piracy. That makes it harder to backup Wii games
Like most media devices the Nintendo Wii have storage space to save downloaded games. But it is very small and can only hold a few game titles. It's always good to backup Wii games because it is easier to save and store lots of games without the worries of them getting damaged or lost. It's not easy task in fact copying a game alone can give you enough of a headache.
There are lots of programs on the internet like easy backup wizard which can help solve problems in an event you need to backup Wii games. Most, if not all of them, contain easy guides that will totally surprise even a novice. If you have backups, you would not even worry about missing another game or mulling over your precious title getting beat up and scratched by gaming friends or pets. Best of all, you can also backup games as much as you want.
Source by Max L. Tine
Vaginal Wetness during Sex: YOU MAY BE WETTER THAN NECESSARY!
Most of us assume that sex is best when wet, but are you feeling as much as you could be from intercourse? Just like a car engine, there is an upper and lower range that is required for maximum performance.
Too much natural lubrication (wetness) during sex reduces pleasure for both partners. Females lose greater stimulation along the vaginal walls. Men lose out on the corresponding ‘tight’ sensation that they love. We all have an optimum level of friction that is required to enable heightened pleasure for both partners, thus leading to easier climax. This level of stimulation can most easily be obtained by experimenting with your wetness level. Sex could be much more satisfying than what you think it already is.
A woman’s wetness level increases naturally as arousal increases. But for some ladies, even the slightest turn-on is enough to produce an extravagant amount of lubrication. If excess wetness is a problem for you, OR if you wish to simply experiment with different levels of wetness, seeking the most pleasurable ‘tight’ sensation for your man, what can you do?
First, realize that there is more involved in sex than just the intercourse part of it. More women achieve orgasms by clitoral stimulation than by intercourse. However, intercourse is an intimate act & should be satisfying when possible. If it is not enjoyable, then a couple will more than likely become romantically distant. This is the beginning of marriage deterioration.
Secondly, you should see your doctor to be sure there is no infection, abnormalities, or other problem causing your excess wetness, especially if it is something new. Don’t take chances!
The most radical solution to excess wetness is surgery. This should be your last resort, & is rarely necessary. Other medical procedures include freezing or lasering the cervix to reduce secretions, electrical stimulation, & treatment with magnetic fields. These treatments can variously be painful, costly, & time consuming. There is no guarantee of success or that the problem will not return.
There are numerous options, but few realistic ones. Here are some common things couples try (including some “old wives tales”) & comments about their effectiveness.
1) Anything that dries up the mouth. In general, if it dries the mouth, then it will also affect the vagina somewhat. Examples would be decongestants, antihistamines, cold formulas, certain antidepressants, alcohol, cigarettes, & marijuana. While these may work to some degree, wetness & corresponding tightness levels are not controllable, not to mention that a dry mouth is not as tasty during kissing & is more conductive to bad breath due to lack of saliva.
2) Try an Alum Douche. We’ve heard of this, but don’t know any doctor recommending it. Alum acts to contract walls of vagina, but can be irritating & cause yeast infections. There’s no way to judge how long it will last nor a way to control the extent of tightening
3) Use a ribbed condom or penis sleeve. Excess wetness remains a problem with or without a condom. Penis sleeves help the man feel more, but tends to numb the woman’s vagina after a few minutes, making her uncomfortable.
4) Douche with plain water. This has some impact by reducing the amount of natural lubrication, but the effect tends to vanish as the woman’s arousal increases, resulting in secretion of even more lubrication.
5) Insert a sponge or cloth. One of the more embarrassing techniques as it must be done intermittently. Couples find this a big turn off. The technique though, is to wrap a thin sheet/towel around a couple of fingers. Insert the fingers to soak up vaginal wetness. Proceed with intercourse. Repeat as necessary. While this method does work, re-entry of vagina is difficult & painful because this method absorbs ALL the lubrication. Within a few minutes however, as arousal increases again, there will once again be too much wetness. With this method, there is no way of controlling the desired level of wetness & tightness.
6) Use of a fan blowing on the genital area. Not a practical solution, as it primarily results in making the couple cold, while having little impact on internal vaginal secretions.
7) Use of birth control pills. An old wives tale without any validity.
8) Repositioning her body. Certain positions, such as closing of the legs, act to tighten the vagina, but unless the man has a longer than average penis, he will find it far less satisfying due to shallower penetration.
9) Insert an ice cube into the vagina to cause muscle contraction. Another old wives tale, not to mention the obvious discomfort.
10) Vaginal Cones. Very similar in concept to kegal exercises. The idea here is to exercise the vaginal muscles by holding an object inside the vagina by flexing the interior muscles. Increasingly heavier weights can be placed inside. The theory is sound, but females have a difficult time staying on this type of program long enough to be of benefit, not to mention that like any muscle, if it is not continually worked, it will lose its strength. The other disadvantage is that to be of benefit during intercourse, the female must consciously flex her interior muscles, thus taking away from her ability to relax & enjoy the act of intercourse itself.
11) Creams. There are a couple of these on the internet now being marketed under many different names. If you already suffer from excess wetness, adding a cream to the existing problem is not going to help. Manufacturers say the creams have a tightening effect on the vagina within 15-30 minutes, but evidence shows that any NOTICEABLE tightening effects is minimal to none. Application of the cream to the interior walls of the vagina is difficult, embarrassing & must be properly timed to correspond with intercourse. Some of the creams contain benzocaine, alum or Vaseline, none of which are recommended for being inserted into the vagina. To check out more on these creams, look on the internet under ‘vaginal tightening.’
12) AbsorbShun natural powder. Is an ‘all-natural’ powder that either the man or woman can apply to the man’s penis. It is simple & quick to use, & has a noticeable moisture absorbing effect within 1-2 minutes. The more powder used, the more absorption, thus allowing the couple to find (and control) their most preferred moisture & tightness level. For more information on this product, go to http://www.absorbshun.com
Whatever option you choose, you should look for a solution that is satisfactory for both partners. Finding the right level of lubrication can lead to greater sexual pleasure, more frequent sex, & a closer relationship between partners.
Source by Cynthia Koss